• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Bristol City v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Bristol City?

• Bristol City win

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As feared after a decent run, Martin reverts to Martinball v1.0 and we were shite, in the main.

What on earth is the point of Martinball other than an extension of his ego ? It's a losing brand, in so many ways. The ugly Autumnal pattern is re-emerging. Contract papers will be poised, yet again.

72% possession, 650 passes mostly in the wrong places, less shots on target isn't right, in so many ways. As per.

Being picked off for being so consistently vulnerable at the back is now beyond unacceptable for the proper, discerning fan.

Let's hope the senior players yet again wrest control and we revert to the pragmatic winning ways.

Jak365 said:
As feared after a decent run, Martin reverts to Martinball v1.0 and we were shite, in the main.

What on earth is the point of Martinball other than an extension of his ego ? It's a losing brand, in so many ways. The ugly Autumnal pattern is re-emerging. Contract papers will be poised, yet again.

72% possession, 650 passes mostly in the wrong places, less shots on target isn't right, in so many ways. As per.

Being picked off for being so consistently vulnerable at the back is now beyond unacceptable for the proper, discerning fan.

Let's hope the senior players yet again wrest control and we revert to the pragmatic winning ways.

Jesus wept.
We've been on and still on an amazing run. Yes we didn't play well, if we had wed have won no worries. But this is the championship, shit happens every week in it, our youngsters are having a proper go at this. So do us a favour, back off a bit.
We all know Russ' failings, but I honestly feel he's improving and learning as he goes along, albeit not as fast as we'd like.
Not sure what you'd be happy with? We are top 6 atm mind.

sainthelens said:
Jesus wept.
We've been on and still on an amazing run. Yes we didn't play well, if we had wed have won no worries. But this is the championship, s**t happens every week in it, our youngsters are having a proper go at this. So do us a favour, back off a bit.
We all know Russ' failings, but I honestly feel he's improving and learning as he goes along, albeit not as fast as we'd like.
Not sure what you'd be happy with? We are top 6 atm mind.

You're right. But for me more luck than Martinball nous or judgement.

Dissect his game plan (as the better managers do) and we're beyond vulnerable. Most managers previously couldn't be arsed with preparing properly as Martin's brand is oh so easily vulnerable.

Managers will now be more prepared. Let's hope Martin has the wherewithal, nous and humility to admit how wrong he has been with v1.0 and fully commits to the more winning model v2.0.

I'd be ecstatic with persisting with a consistently winning brand of winning football. Not Martinball v1.0.

Andy my friend, we’ve won six, drawn one and lost one of the last eight. I’m all for constructive feedback but you’ve got to keep your powder dry for when it’s warranted. You’ve jumped into soon here. But it’s good to see you continuing to realise which is the premier Swans fan site. Licensed journalism rules.

exiledclaseboy said:
Andy my friend, we’ve won six, drawn one and lost one of the last eight. I’m all for constructive feedback but you’ve got to keep your powder dry for when it’s warranted. You’ve jumped into soon here. But it’s good to see you continuing to realise which is the premier Swans fan site. Licensed journalism rules.

You're right, in so many ways Andrew.

Thanks for the feedback and warm welcome my friend. You and Darran, both.

This is clearly the very best, most objective Swans fans place to be.

I'm looking forward to my very best pals joining me on this, the very best Swans Fans Forum. As I'm sure you are too........

Jak365 said:
You're right, in so many ways Andrew.

Thanks for the feedback and warm welcome my friend. You and Darran, both.

This is clearly the very best, most objective Swans fans place to be.

I'm looking forward to my very best pals joining me on this, the very best Swans Fans Forum. As I'm sure you are too........

Oh aye. Can’t wait for that. :lol:

Anyone thinking we were really bad yesterday isn't giving Brizzle enough credit for how they went about their game. From the first whistle, they were clearly under instructions to press us very high and get right in our defenders faces and almost every chance they had was as a direct result of forcing our defenders into errors rather than as a result of any of their own creativity in the build up. Watched the ITV highlights last night and they showed 3 good first half chances of theirs - their goal and 2 Benda saves - all had one thing in common, forced defensive errors. In theory, any team can do that to us if they want to but due to injuries and illness, they had to and to say we didn't cope very well is an understatement. Talking to a BC friend after the game (I have many living where I do), he texted me that he said to his son at half time that it won't last, Swansea will change their shape and our front players will tire and then we'll have nothing. He wasn't wrong. It just took us too long to adapt. BTW, he's an intelligent bloke, he can read and he can write, not sure if he can drive a tractor though 😅😅😅

Watching the highlights back, I'd forgotten about the stonewall penalty which Marriner didn't give us. The defender made no contact with the ball and took Cundle's trailing leg. If we'd had VAR, a definite pen. Instead we had Marriner, the twat who screwed us over in the cup against Man City, so no pen guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/1586647335764983809

Shame theres no video of the Bristol one where he had to be marched past the whole away end :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back