• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Cardiff City v Swansea City Match Thread | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Cardiff City?

• Cardiff win

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
monmouth said:
Neither can do that though. They just don't have it. Yates is as weak as piss and Lowe has the control of a concrete block. Not their game.

None of them could trap a bag of cement

Nocountryforoldjack said:
It hasn't been great, we look jaded already, little urgency

Yep agreed with that. Been numerous times where we're free in the middle and we don't drive forward

Longlostjack said:
Stuck in a fecking restaurant trying to subtly access my phone. Keep the comments coming boys.

Don't order the fish.

On that half fans of the other 22 clubs will be thinking there's 2 worse teams than theirs.
If it wasn't my team i'd be watching the darts.

No real connection between Grimes and Fulton or desire to link the play to the forwards. Key Pederson Tymon and Patino doing okay.

:lol:
monmouth said:
What a fabulous advert for championship football 🤣🤣

Cardiff aren't worse than us at all. We are at their level now, and they've looked more likely to score than us. To be fair, I'd be more likely to score with Taylor Swift than us tonight playing like this. It's gash, but we really need at least a draw here.

Taylor Swift, gash and score - all in one paragraph. :lol:

Pederson has been good, shows what a left sided central defender should be. Wood has looked better in the middle of the three, has snuffed out danger a few times.

Tymon looks like he has pace but we haven't really utilised him yet, same with Key we need to get them 1v1 with their full backs but to do that we need to play quicker and we need to take off Fulton, he looks lost and confused and if his job is to link defence and attack he is failing miserably.

Lowe wants the ball played to feet or into space in front of him but right now we are mostly playing route one football.

Can see us nicking something simply based on how bad we both are, but anyone thinking that we will not be fighting for Championship survival come next May will be disappointed, as the saying goes, hold onto your hats.

Think Key and Tymon are ideal as wing backs but we are genuinely missing a proper 10 to link the midfield, wing backs and forwards.

Date I say it but if we are in this at 70mins then I would bring Pato on to try and link the play.

monmouth said:
Neither can do that though. They just don't have it. Yates is as weak as piss and Lowe has the control of a concrete block. Not their game.

They're not sufficiently different to be on the pitch together, we'd probably be better with Big Myk on instead of one of them as he can hold the ball up and would give them more problems in the air.

I think this shows what we’ve transitioned toward. We now have squad depth but are lacking quality, whereas previously under these numbskull owners we’ve severely lacked squad depth but had a couple bright spots. We only made the playoffs under Coop because of his “contacts.”

I sincerely hope that we’re viewing this as a transition year with aims at bringing in a bit of big time quality next summer.

I just don’t see us doing anything with our now full squad of squad players and MD as manager. We’re looking a club that aims at staying up every season rather than challenging, much like the end of the prem.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back