• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Preston North End vs Swansea City Match Thread

:lol: Mo
Badlands said:
Outstanding result
Only negatives after going a goal up we spent almost all of the rest of the game defending.

It was controlled defending though.

Cooperman said:
Three points away from home at a team that I would expect to be close to us come the end of the season. Them up the road also lost which just adds to the euphoria. The pressing matters off of the pitch remain the need to find us a striker.

This & an extra CB please.

Evanski said:
Great win. We’re not going to concede many with a back three of Rodon, Cabango and Guehi. If we manage to bring in a goalscorer it could be a very good season.

That striker has to be our number one priority.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Well done boys - good result that. I hadn't seen the new signings, so pleasantly surprised by how that went. Although I'm not a fan of sitting on a 1-0 lead. I was expecting a lot more from Preston.

So was I.

After last saturday i was expecting a decent loss.

Even better for me because of where I live, I know aload of north enders and the missus will be quiet when we get back tomorrow 😁

Ok so we sat deep after we scored, but the back three dealt with everything Preston threw at us, and the biggest testament as to how well we defended is that Woodman only had one regulation save all match

Back three looks and sounds very solid

Gibbs White may give us more goals than we thought. Lowe looked threatening. Brewster and a centre back and we may be good

A4Jack said:

Gibbs White may give us more goals than we thought. Lowe looked threatening. Brewster and a centre back and we may be good

Need to keep Rodon fit.

Cooperman said:
A4Jack said:

Need to keep Rodon fit.

And not sell Cabango/Grimes!

Cooperman said:
Evanski said:
Great win. We’re not going to concede many with a back three of Rodon, Cabango and Guehi. If we manage to bring in a goalscorer it could be a very good season.

Do you reckon Cullen is too young to be brought in as a regular?

airedale said:
Cooperman said:

I’m more worried about his quality and experience than I am his age (and I’m not slating him, just highlighting that we shouldn’t be leading the line with someone at this stage of his development).

Cooperman said:
airedale said:

I’m more worried about his quality and experience than I am his age (and I’m not slating him, just highlighting that we shouldn’t be leading the line with someone at this stage of his development).

Right. The only way he’ll get experience though is by playing him. Today for example the team was set up to play without a striker, so no chance for him. So using that logic his best chance for experience would be in support of the striker who starts.

airedale said:
Cooperman said:

Right. The only way he’ll get experience though is by playing him. Today for example the team was set up to play without a striker, so no chance for him. So using that logic his best chance for experience would be in support of the striker who starts.

If we’d been losing with 20 minutes to go he may have had his chance today. Throwing him in at the beginning would have been too much in my humble opinion.

airedale said:
Cooperman said:

Indeed. How can he gain experience when nobody gives him the opportunity?

I will take a 1 nil win away any day off the week. Another master class of tactics from Cooper. We could never defend a 1 nil lead under Potter. We would always concede from corners.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back