• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Preston North End vs Swansea City Match Thread

Swanseafan said:
I will take a 1 nil win away any day off the week. Another master class of tactics from Cooper. We could never defend a 1 nil lead under Potter. We would always concede from corners.

Thanks Steve...

Why do we always give corners away at the death? Winds one up something chronic.

Thanks Wayne

ps

Helen, the narrow win be achieved using a large wooden horse up front

Excellent win , certainly didn't envisage that so well done lads.
BUT....as time is going on, we aren't aloud to go see our team, plus having watched some live games on TV today , I'm quickly falling outa love with the game. Football all bout the fans for me, and everything starting to look very hollow now. I can't be the only one with this view, and whilst I'm 50 plus vat, I feel the game could lose a whole generation of supporters the longer this all goes on.

sainthelens said:
BUT....as time is going on, we aren't aloud to go see our team, plus having watched some live games on TV today , I'm quickly falling outa love with the game. Football all bout the fans for me, and everything starting to look very hollow now. I can't be the only one with this view, and whilst I'm 50 plus vat, I feel the game could lose a whole generation of supporters the longer this all goes on.

I’ve got a similarish view. It’s not overly enjoyable.

Darran said:
sainthelens said:

it is increasingly difficult to watch games - its just not the same without fans in the ground

sainthelens said:

The emotion’s been stripped from the game for sure, so I know what you mean. But I still find it interesting. I just like watching football though of any sort; I happily stop and watch amateur games in the park if I’m passing.

Swanseafan said:
I will take a 1 nil win away any day off the week. Another master class of tactics from Cooper. We could never defend a 1 nil lead under Potter. We would always concede from corners.

Just like we didn't last season.
'masterclass' my hairy, white a**e.
Another failure to build on a lead that almost cost us two points and when players are a little sharper as the season goes on all cost us points as happened from September to February last season.

sainthelens said:

Very true St.Helens. Football has been ruined by money. Will it become more elitist? Probably in the short term as the smaller cubs go to the wall. That’ll be the ultimate death of the professional game as we know it today. Love watching my son in the local league here though and football will never die. At the end of the day the demise of the money obsessed Premier League could be a good thing for the game. We could get back to near the top of Division 1 again. I have a dream!!

PSumbler said:
Darran said:

it is increasingly difficult to watch games - its just not the same without fans in the ground

I struggle watching a game if there is no artificial crowd buzz.

Badlands said:
Swanseafan said:

Another failure to build on a lead that almost cost us two points and when players are a little sharper as the season goes on all cost us points as happened from September to February last season.

Normally would agree BL, but to be fair Gibbs White was knackered, they had to bring Fulton on which made us naturally more defence minded. We are one or two players short from being a good side, but unfortunately losing any of our starting XI could be disastrous.

Risc said:
Badlands said:

Normally would agree BL, but to be fair Gibbs White was knackered, they had to bring Fulton on which made us naturally more defence minded. We are one or two players short from being a good side, but unfortunately losing any of our starting XI could be disastrous.

Gibbs looks like he will be a very good acquisition, I agree with you about though the bench looked strong yesterday, we need a CF that means getting rid of AA if we can. I thought tactics yesterday were superb dont think we can complain about anything.

sainthelens said:
1964white said:
Good luck tomorrow & for the rest of the season to all you Swans fans

As a matter of interest, will Leeds fans actually travel there tmrw ?
I would hope not, mad fools if they did

Watching EFL on quest, the summariser for our game claimed we’ve had two clean sheets this season, one apiece in league and cup. Good research there...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back