• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
magicdaps10 said:
Akajack said:
Id pay to watch a developing team

This is a developing team...o e that is advised not to play with freedom but play to a structure.

To hxave a Celina in there!

I’ve always said Steve Cooper is a play by numbers coach

cue impending "we were the better team,tried to play good attacking football, we will control the controllables" etc etc

monmouth said:
As I said I'm finding it quite amusing. I've accepted fully that this is Cooperball. I suggest everyone else does for the next ten weeks or you'll burst a blood vessel hoping for anything different. I just laugh as we follow something unbelievably s**t with something more s**t and the opposition balloon it over the bar because they are also s**t, And then somehow we score and I laugh louder wondering how the hell did that happen? I no longer shout or jump in the air when we score, I just watch in puzzled surprise and laugh.

I don't really care that much if we go up any longer, as it's impossible to guess what the hell will happen given that we seem to be defying the laws of football (don't even really try and still get a point, minimum). I'm just interested in the pleasure of finding out if we can actually get any worse and yet keep collecting points. It's like an experiment with no real downside, as we don't deserve to be anywhere near it, whatever the table doesn't lie merchants say. If we go up it will be the greatest steal ever, and I will love it.

Possibly your best ever post and I concur 100%

monmouth said:
As I said I'm finding it quite amusing. I've accepted fully that this is Cooperball. I suggest everyone else does for the next ten weeks or you'll burst a blood vessel hoping for anything different. I just laugh as we follow something unbelievably s**t with something more s**t and the opposition balloon it over the bar because they are also s**t, And then somehow we score and I laugh louder wondering how the hell did that happen? I no longer shout or jump in the air when we score, I just watch in puzzled surprise and laugh.

I don't really care that much if we go up any longer, as it's impossible to guess what the hell will happen given that we seem to be defying the laws of football (don't even really try and still get a point, minimum). I'm just interested in the pleasure of finding out if we can actually get any worse and yet keep collecting points. It's like an experiment with no real downside, as we don't deserve to be anywhere near it, whatever the table doesn't lie merchants say. If we go up it will be the greatest steal ever, and I will love it.
Bang on, sorry didn't read this first before I posted below.

I think we have become a lot worse since Hourihane came in. This is not a slag off Hourihane post but any sort of cohesion or fluidity we had is gone.

Three dire performances, 7 points. Can't argue with that but by my reckoning we won't finish second unless we significantly improve back to some of the earlier season form. I don't think at any stage of this season, or last, that we've looked convincing bar the Cardiff games at home/away this season, Norwich and a few others, but we need to find something better to get us there.

25 points should be enough with 12 games left. Sligjtly above our current average but not much. It is there, it is tantalingsly there but equally on current form it could fall away so easily

Copamundial said:
Team selection was wrong from the start, Hourihane completely disrupts the pattern of play,I love Routs, but bringing a thirty six year old on when you have Whittaker on the bench says it all about Coopers approach.

The tactics are obvious. Pass and move. Without the move.

And the pass.

Just embrace it boys and girls, and lets see if it works. I think of it as the 'cross your fingers' philosophy. He needs to patent it.

Magic_Michu said:
Seriously... if this team somehow managed to get promoted it would be embarrassing in the Premier League.

This team and the 2011 promotion winning team are like chalk and cheese.

How’s this for a starter for ten, it wouldn’t be this team that would grace the Premier League.

A4Jack said:
I think we have become a lot worse since Hourihane came in. This is not a slag off Hourihane post but any sort of cohesion or fluidity we had is gone.

Three dire performances, 7 points. Can't argue with that but by my reckoning we won't finish second unless we significantly improve back to some of the earlier season form. I don't think at any stage of this season, or last, that we've looked convincing bar the Cardiff games at home/away this season, Norwich and a few others, but we need to find something better to get us there.

25 points should be enough with 12 games left. Sligjtly above our current average but not much. It is there, it is tantalingsly there but equally on current form it could fall away so easily

it is in touching distance. As was safety with Carvalhal. I think cooper will bottle it too

The.Alpine.Shrew said:
We look like a rugby team, moving slowly up field, kicking to touch to win a line out.

This is the best analysis of our current performances I’ve seen

Cooperman said:
Magic_Michu said:
Seriously... if this team somehow managed to get promoted it would be embarrassing in the Premier League.

This team and the 2011 promotion winning team are like chalk and cheese.

How’s this for a starter for ten, it wouldn’t be this team that would grace the Premier League.

the thought of Cabango in the prem is fucking frightening

monmouth said:

This

eteb said:
Cooperman said:

the thought of Cabango in the prem is fucking frightening

I’d still get behind the lad.

Hourihane was a standout player for the Villa team that got promoted. Clearly the issue is not a lack of quality. Perhaps in a more fluid, attacking team he'd be more of an asset in open play.

monmouth said:

I agree but I still end up screaming at the TV

Dr. Winston said:
Hourihane was a standout player for the Villa team that got promoted. Clearly the issue is not a lack of quality. Perhaps in a more fluid, attacking team he'd be more of an asset in open play.

he doesnt even do the basics though doc, its bizarre. He was standing with his hands on his hips after 20 minutes

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back