• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Swans win

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dr. Winston said:
Hourihane was a standout player for the Villa team that got promoted. Clearly the issue is not a lack of quality. Perhaps in a more fluid, attacking team he'd be more of an asset in open play.

Valid point. They attacked with Grealish, Abraham and McGinn in midfield. He's playing with Dhanda and Lowe whose first touch and pace now resembles that of an old fella with a zimmer

It's a bit like Wilson in Cardiff's team. Quality player, surrounded by lesser with much less intent overall

For me Fulton and Grimes are too similar. They're both good at breaking up play and moving possession on but we need a ball carrier in there. Someone to break the lines. I've never thought that we've had the midfield balance particularly right all season (apart from MGW's brief contribution) but defence has covered it.

Hourihane's need for a different kind of play has thrown that into even more stark light.

fck forgot about MGW, sticking my neck out but think we would be comfortably top 2 if he was still here, he was that good

We've punched well above our weight in a gruelling season but it's now starting to catch up with us. Maybe, maybe not, time will tell.

Dr. Winston said:
For me Fulton and Grimes are too similar. They're both good at breaking up play and moving possession on but we need a ball carrier in there. Someone to break the lines. I've never thought that we've had the midfield balance particularly right all season (apart from MGW's brief contribution) but defence has covered it.

Hourihane's need for a different kind of play has thrown that into even more stark light.

Smith has to start every game, think it's a toss up in midfield then. Would be tempted to try Fulton - Smith - Hourihane.

Been saying it for few weeks now , we look out on our feet, yet some on here can't see it and hell bent on criticising. The spirit in that squad is immense, they know they ain't playing well, so FFS give the boys a break. We still up there.

Bournemouth on Saturday will be a different game. Was a tough game against Middlesborough on Saturday and I reckon Cooper has just about done enough on the rotation front in the last two games. Who knows Bennett might be back too. Calm down boys!

sainthelens said:
Been saying it for few weeks now , we look out on our feet, yet some on here can't see it and hell bent on criticising. The spirit in that squad is immense, they know they ain't playing well, so FFS give the boys a break. We still up there.

therein lies the problem. They have been knackered for weeks but the maanger doesnt fcking rotate the squad. Is whittaker that bad that he cant play for even 10 minutes? IT's nonsensical

Longlostjack said:
Bournemouth on Saturday will be a different game. Was a tough game against Middlesborough on Saturday and I reckon Cooper has just about done enough on the rotation front in the last two games. Who knows Bennett might be back too. Calm down boys!

Luton on Sat, which we really have to look to win. Then Muff and Scum

monmouth said:
Longlostjack said:

Luton on Sat, which we really have to look to win. Then Muff and Scum

Cheers Mon - games coming thick and fast.

Whittaker has a cameo against Man City scores a goal and then doesn’t get an opportunity again?

Madridjack said:
magicdaps10 said:
This is a developing team...o e that is advised not to play with freedom but play to a structure.

To hxave a Celina in there!

I’ve always said Steve Cooper is a play by numbers coach

agree with both, but this is the way football has gone, part from Man City when they are on their game, I don't really get excited about any of the football that is on offer today, turgid :?:

eteb said:
sainthelens said:

therein lies the problem. They have been knackered for weeks but the maanger doesnt fcking rotate the squad. Is whittaker that bad that he cant play for even 10 minutes? IT's nonsensical

Accidentally upped your post there eteb.

Akajack said:
Madridjack said:
I’ve always said Steve Cooper is a play by numbers coach

agree with both, but this is the way football has gone, part from Man City when they are on their game, I don't really get excited about any of the football that is on offer today, turgid :?:

Not sure Celina is the or was the answer after the football we've been traded to in the rise, we had loads better :cool:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back