• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same old swans, 70 per cent possession but half the shots on target and more importantly half the goals. It really is the only thing that counts at the end of the day.

Shame we didn't get points but give these a few weeks and they will be very impressive.

Bryanswan said:
Good to see all everyone being typically negative towards the new manager.
At least there is some sort of plan you can see that much, give him a few months and some players and then have a look.
We have too many Cooper style players at the minute.

I for one am looking forward to what Martin will do here, this is just the start.

There’s only one being negative, and he’s the only one happy that we lost, cos he’s got a stiffy for Cooper.

I thought Smith was excellent and Dhanda was a huge positive for me when he came on too. Thought Cullen was also promising.

Captain_Sham said:
Thing is we haven't played well today, so the only thing thats changed is that we dont have points to show for it.

Fair play you've had a mare on here today, your bitterness is blinding. Log off.

That was poor. No points. Should have lost very heavily but for Blackburn being a bit rusty. Back three looked slow, some fairly good tackling the only high point. Grimes running the show from the back shows what we are missing. No outlet up front or in midfield with Grimes having to drop so deep. We looked amateurish and lucky to get away with a narrow loss. Did not look like scoring and quite a bit of hoof ball.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/08/07/blackburn-2-swansea-1-your-player-ratings/

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/08/07/blackburn-2-swansea-1-swans-beaten-on-opening-day/

We kinda played how i expected, a lot of mistakes getting to grips with a completely different way of playing
The Cooper appointment was terrible, you can say 'Oh two play offs', one we sneaked in because of other teams, the other we shouldve gone up automatically, and at the end of the day, we're on the same starting foot as Derby this season so whats he actually achieved apart from being one of the most unpopular managers weve ever had here

I think today we saw a lot of positives and a lot to improve on
Benda is definitely good enough to be our number one for however long hes here
Dhanda seems better playing deeper or out wide
Paterson looks like a great signing already
Possession stats are exciting, especially away from home

Negative: We need more cbs, Lati is so far out of his depth at this level, he struggled against Plymouth and FGR so Im not sure how low his level actually is
We need a leon/allen style player who'll make himself available for the cbs, hoping thats Walsh when hes back

A lot of the rest will just be more training and getting more comfortable

JackBaston said:
We kinda played how i expected, a lot of mistakes getting to grips with a completely different way of playing
The Cooper appointment was terrible, you can say 'Oh two play offs', one we sneaked in because of other teams, the other we shouldve gone up automatically, and at the end of the day, we're on the same starting foot as Derby this season so whats he actually achieved apart from being one of the most unpopular managers weve ever had here

Negative: We need more cbs, Lati is so far out of his depth at this level, he struggled against Plymouth and FGR so Im not sure how low his level actually is
We need a leon/allen style player who'll make himself available for the cbs, hoping thats Walsh when hes back

Oh Shammy won't like that one bit you know.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
JackBaston said:

Oh Shammy won't like that one bit you know.

Hes a grumpy old sod who doesnt like most of my posts :lol:

Baron Goblet said:
That was poor. No points. Should have lost very heavily but for Blackburn being a bit rusty. Back three looked slow, some fairly good tackling the only high point. Grimes running the show from the back shows what we are missing. No outlet up front or in midfield with Grimes having to drop so deep. We looked amateurish and lucky to get away with a narrow loss. Did not look like scoring and quite a bit of hoof ball.

I agree the back three didn’t look like they were comfortable with the plan. We’ll have to see how that pans out, but Bennet and Latibaudiere are capable of better, Cabango was just okay. Naughton wasn’t dynamic enough today, besides being steady and Bidwell didn’t have too many options when he was on the ball. We could do with another centre half to give them all a kick up the arse.

Itchysphincter said:
Bryanswan said:
Good to see all everyone being typically negative towards the new manager.
At least there is some sort of plan you can see that much, give him a few months and some players and then have a look.
We have too many Cooper style players at the minute.

I for one am looking forward to what Martin will do here, this is just the start.

There’s only one being negative, and he’s the only one happy that we lost, cos he’s got a stiffy for Cooper.

How anyone can have a stiffy for Cooper I will never know… in terms of his football or his face… they’re both difficult to get aroused by.

Baron Goblet said:

It's going to take some time and a few more signings to be fair, if it's still like this after 10/15 games then you've got a point.

Not only is it the first time time we have not won on opening day of the Championship, its also the first time Blackburn have beaten us since we have been back in the Championship.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back