• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Preston North End vs Swansea City Match Thread

dickythorpe said:
:)
A4Jack said:
It was at that moment in time a pretty dismal display. But I don't come on and say the manager needs to go, pretend it's a fishing trip when you're called out for your baby like overreacting.

🤣😂🤣🤣"Baby".

Who's overreacting now?

Touched a raw nerve with you haven't I?😘

Dicky I like you as a poster but you're coming out a bit silly here

Its early days yet and im prepared to give him time! But I hate the way I feel tonight after a league defeat and fortunately i havent felt it to often over the past 2 seasons! Id take winning at all costs over nice football anyday! Whats the point controlling games and ending up with no points??? Like I said im prepared to give him time and a couple of windows but it looks like weve been sussed out already

A4Jack said:
dickythorpe said:
:)

🤣😂🤣🤣"Baby".

Who's overreacting now?

Touched a raw nerve with you haven't I?😘

Dicky I like you as a poster but you're coming out a bit silly here

Ok. I thought you were a troll

I don't post on here so much as there's one and only one trying to reel me in.

Risc said:
Vetchonian said:
We need a real manager….yes we have players out but a good manager would set out to play to the strengths of the resources available. It has been obvious we haven’t the players to play as Martin wants yet he insists in playing his chosen way. He will soon switch players off as spirit will dip no win bonuses will switch certain players off…..fans will get fed up of losing and how many felt entertained today?
I certainly don’t want Martin to fail but he has to wise up soon

Of course you want him to fail you’ve made it obvious from the start, stop kidding yourself.

Its not worth conversing with him, as deluded as they come.
Cooper brown nose who would absolutely love Martin to fail and prove he was right.
Our fans are unbelievable, lets get Tony Pullis in and play to our strength eh?

Bryanswan said:
Risc said:
Of course you want him to fail you’ve made it obvious from the start, stop kidding yourself.

Cooper brown nose who would absolutely love Martin to fail and prove he was right.

Or Colin. Then let's laugh at Cardiff for being Hoofers, like these wingnuts were for the last two seasons when we were worse under Cooper.

monmouth said:
Bryanswan said:

Or Colin. Then let's laugh at Cardiff for being Hoofers, like these wingnuts were for the last two seasons when we were worse under Cooper.

Bit of perspective please Mons. You’re getting carried away. We’ve never been worse than Cardiff for hoofball.

I thought we got lucky at Bristol. Pearson clearly felt hard done by. A win is a win as they say and the 0 1 win away at Leeds a few seasons back was an example of riding our luck. We do have problems with the squad and we do seem to have found a goal scorer. I can't see many teams we are going to beat and the next run of games will take us towards ten games which will be a good yardstick. There are some good signs up top but it is a glimmer of light in a long dark tunnel in front of our defenders. Hopefully Naughton can slot in there however with the lack of goal scoring chances and a shaky defence it is a tall order. We would be better off trying to hit the wings earlier and avoid getting into trouble going backwards.

Bryanswan said:
Risc said:

I'm not deluded and not a Cooper brown nose

I certainly dont want Martin to fail...I always want the manager of this club to succeed as then we succeed. I hate losing
I am not deluded but concerned how Martin is going about things. it was posted by another this thread earlier how the majority of this squad were not up to playing the Martin style yet he persists with playing it.i suggest a compromise not Pullis ball and we certainly were not a hoofball team under the previous manager despite all the myth.Martins seg up of the team yesterday was strange Cullen should be playing ahead of Piroe not behind him as an advanced midfielder, why play Fulton and Grimws so deep and the wing backs so high..especially with a makeshift back 3
He made no attempt to change it when things went astray and given his insistence to always play to his plan a which he repeats in his prezzers will make us predictable and easy for other managers to work out.
I hope he gets it right and I'd love to see us winning under him...he has a huge task how can you play in a certain way without the right players all I suggest is a compromise until he can replace those weak links which us why i suspect we are shipping many out on loan to lighten the wage bill to allow recruitment why else ship Joseph out...

Vetchonian said:
Bryanswan said:

I certainly dont want Martin to fail...I always want the manager of this club to succeed as then we succeed. I hate losing
I am not deluded but concerned how Martin is going about things. it was posted by another this thread earlier how the majority of this squad were not up to playing the Martin style yet he persists with playing it.i suggest a compromise not Pullis ball and we certainly were not a hoofball team under the previous manager despite all the myth.Martins seg up of the team yesterday was strange Cullen should be playing ahead of Piroe not behind him as an advanced midfielder, why play Fulton and Grimws so deep and the wing backs so high..especially with a makeshift back 3
He made no attempt to change it when things went astray and given his insistence to always play to his plan a which he repeats in his prezzers will make us predictable and easy for other managers to work out.
I hope he gets it right and I'd love to see us winning under him...he has a huge task how can you play in a certain way without the right players all I suggest is a compromise until he can replace those weak links which us why i suspect we are shipping many out on loan to lighten the wage bill to allow recruitment why else ship Joseph out...

I just don't understand what you expect a manager who's entire set up and style of play is to focus on possesion based football is going to do.

Surely you can see what Cooper left him was a pile of rubbish. He was desperate to get out, he could see the writing on the wall for the squad he had. The board need to back Martin now or it will be harder to get anyone in January.

That being said the one issue i have with us at the minute is why we always play 5 at the back, it really limits us offensively.

Bryanswan said:
Vetchonian said:

I just don't understand what you expect a manager who's entire set up and style of play is to focus on possesion based football is going to do.

Surely you can see what Cooper left him was a pile of rubbish. He was desperate to get out, he could see the writing on the wall for the squad he had. The board need to back Martin now or it will be harder to get anyone in January.

That being said the one issue i have with us at the minute is why we always play 5 at the back, it really limits us offensively.

I agree about the five at the back system. I would prefer us to play with 4, and have Grimes or Downes sitting as a half-back in front of the defence. It will allow Fulton or Grimes to go box to box rather than constantly coming deep for the ball with no options ahead of them.

SwanseaJames said:
Bryanswan said:

I agree about the five at the back system. I would prefer us to play with 4, and have Grimes or Downes sitting as a half-back in front of the defence. It will allow Fulton or Grimes to go box to box rather than constantly coming deep for the ball with no options ahead of them.

Our defenders arent exactly ball players, Cooper maybe the best of all the CBs. We need to be getting the ball in the midfield, the 5 at the back leaves us playing deep with the ball and the other team more than happy to let us do that.

To play a passing system youve got to be brave, thinking back to all of our recent successes playing this way it was always a 433 system.
And a bit of pace and trickery on the wings really would be nice 😂

It's going to take a couple of seasons to come together. Championship survival this year and push on.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
It's going to take a couple of seasons to come together. Championship survival this year and push on.

I don' think we'll be near promotion this season but. if allowed to continue. I can see us making a real statement after the January transfer window.

Badlands said:

I don' think we'll be near promotion this season but. if allowed to continue. I can see us making a real statement after the January transfer window.

Yeah if he's given enough time and support from the board. He's a good manager.

Badlands said:

Yeah if he's given enough time and support from the board. He's a good manager.

I hope he is a good manager. Too early to say for sure yet though. For whatever reason we folded after the Preston goal and weren’t looking to play it forward. Dropping Lowe to the bench and not bringing Whitaker on at all was Cooperesque. A lot of young managers like to see themselves as the next Pep. Hope ours keeps his feet on the ground.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back