• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Preston North End vs Swansea City Match Thread

Vetchonian said:
mrploppy said:
Shocker. We need an international break. Never said that before.
We need a real manager….yes we have players out but a good manager would set out to play to the strengths of the resources available. It has been obvious we haven’t the players to play as Martin wants yet he insists in playing his chosen way. He will soon switch players off as spirit will dip no win bonuses will switch certain players off…..fans will get fed up of losing and how many felt entertained today?
I certainly don’t want Martin to fail but he has to wise up soon

Of course you want him to fail you’ve made it obvious from the start, stop kidding yourself.

Do you think all the nut jobs realise yet that Cooper actually left us, and that we didn't get rid of him to appoint someone else? I really don't think they do, and now they want anyone coming in to fail to validate Cooper's two failures with a lot more money and two premier league players.

Has psychovetch posted up his 5 minutes of football we played last season yet? Is he still claiming he's not a Cooper arse licker and wants Martin to succeed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mind you, that's 4 and a half minutes more than we saw today 😆.

5 games in. I'm sure most of us had hoped for better by now, but it's still five games in. If this continues with a full covid free squad and into November we'll probably have another manager for them to say Cooper was better than, and that we should never have got rid of him to try and be better than his ceiling of failure. Oh, that's right, we didn't get rid of him. How inconvenient.

In fairness it is 5 league games (7 including the cup) in 4 weeks since he took over with practically zero opportunity to focus on just play style without the next game and having to sort out tactics for that right over his shoulder.

The biggest disappointments for me today were Bidwell and Paterson.

As a wingback you attack and you defend, Bidwell somehow managed to be absent for both parts of the job description especially in the second half.

Paterson needs to get involved in the games more, feels like he is wasted hugging the left flank when he should be deployed centrally. He also had a chance to shoot after cutting inside in the second half and instead tried a harmless dink which was easily cut out by the first man.

That said, one or two more new faces including a centre half who will give us some leadership and composure when the opposition try the big press will do wonders and will free up Manning to offer a different option at left wing back than Bidwell. We also have Walsh to come back from his niggle over the break, looking forward to seeing what he can offer in the engine room.

Risc said:
Vetchonian said:
We need a real manager….yes we have players out but a good manager would set out to play to the strengths of the resources available. It has been obvious we haven’t the players to play as Martin wants yet he insists in playing his chosen way. He will soon switch players off as spirit will dip no win bonuses will switch certain players off…..fans will get fed up of losing and how many felt entertained today?
I certainly don’t want Martin to fail but he has to wise up soon

Of course you want him to fail you’ve made it obvious from the start, stop kidding yourself.
I never want any manager to fail...again I'm being labelled a super Cooper fan...I'm just a super Swans fan I get peed off by the crap posted...and for me Martin is already getting sussed...he needs to play to the strength of the resources he has available until he has the players to play how he wants

This isn't about Cooper he is long gone but get your heads our of your arses and see what is happening
hope you are enjoying the entertainment though

Vetchonian said:
Risc said:
I never want any manager to fail...again I'm being labelled a super Cooper fan...I'm just a super Swans fan I get peed off by the crap posted...and for me Martin is already getting sussed...he needs to play to the strength of the resources he has available until he has the players to play how he wants

This isn't about Cooper he is long gone but get your heads our of your arses and see what is happening

It’s five games in, five.

We had a disaster of a pre season, full squad rebuild, have injuries to important players, Covid with Cabango and Laird.

You’re praying for Martin to fail as you think it backs up your point regarding Cooper, we haven’t got Ayew etc to call on anymore, we haven’t got parachute payments, as I said earlier it’s a full scale rebuild and we are trying to do it the right way.

Aren’t you better off supporting whoever Cooper next manages? Your obsession is tragic.

If you want us to play the type of football Martin wants to play you also need to accept that the vast majority of this team are not good enough to play that way.

Benda, Bennett, Bidwell, Latibeaudiere, Fulton, Lowe won’t fit this system as long as they’ve got a hole in their arse

Risc said:
Vetchonian said:

We had a disaster of a pre season, full squad rebuild, have injuries to important players, Covid with Cabango and Laird.

You’re praying for Martin to fail as you think it backs up your point regarding Cooper, we haven’t got Ayew etc to call on anymore, we haven’t got parachute payments, as I said earlier it’s a full scale rebuild and we are trying to do it the right way.

Aren’t you better off supporting whoever Cooper next manages? Your obsession is tragic.

I will continue to support scfc funny it was ok to criticise our previous manager but our current manager appears to be above reproach
yes 5 games in and we have been hit with injuries and covid but yet the manager persists with a style it is obvious the current available players cannot execute our only league win came when the players took control..abd he slated them....I accept we are trying to rebuild but you need the right materials which we currently dont have whilst in the meanwhile we are getting battered. We have moaned about a lack of pace yet the likes of Garrick and now Joseph have been loaned out
5 games in Martin has been sussed by the opposition it could be a long season

Vetchonian said:
Risc said:

I will continue to support scfc funny it was ok to criticise our previous manager but our current manager appears to be above reproach
yes 5 games in and we have been hit with injuries and covid but yet the manager persists with a style it is obvious the currentvavailble players cannot execute our only league win came when the players took control..abd he slated them....I accept we are trying to rebuild but you need the right materials which we currently dknt gave whilst in the meanwhile we are getting battered.

RUSSELL MARTIN WAS BROUGHT IN TO PLAY THIS EXACT STYLE. HE WILL NOT CHANGE IT NOR WILL HE BE EXPECTED TO. GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD.

Vetchonian said:
Risc said:

yes 5 games in and we have been hit with injuries and covid but yet the manager persists with a style it is obvious the current available players cannot execute our only league win came when the players took control..abd he slated them....I accept we are trying to rebuild but you need the right materials which we currently dont have whilst in the meanwhile we are getting battered. We have moaned about a lack of pace yet the likes of Garrick and now Joseph have been loaned out

It’s. 5. Games. In.

bakajack said:
In fairness it is 5 league games (7 including the cup) in 4 weeks since he took over with practically zero opportunity to focus on just play style without the next game and having to sort out tactics for that right over his shoulder.

The biggest disappointments for me today were Bidwell and Paterson.

As a wingback you attack and you defend, Bidwell somehow managed to be absent for both parts of the job description especially in the second half.

Paterson needs to get involved in the games more, feels like he is wasted hugging the left flank when he should be deployed centrally. He also had a chance to shoot after cutting inside in the second half and instead tried a harmless dink which was easily cut out by the first man.

That said, one or two more new faces including a centre half who will give us some leadership and composure when the opposition try the big press will do wonders and will free up Manning to offer a different option at left wing back than Bidwell. We also have Walsh to come back from his niggle over the break, looking forward to seeing what he can offer in the engine room.

Good post.

ARQS said:
If you want us to play the type of football Martin wants to play you also need to accept that the vast majority of this team are not good enough to play that way.

Benda, Bennett, Bidwell, Latibeaudiere, Fulton, Lowe won’t fit this system as long as they’ve got a hole in their arse

so given that why do we persist in trying to play that style....
play to the current players ability until they can be replaced with those suited to the desired style.
why didn't Whittaker feature today on the back of a hat trick.
why set up with Fulton and Grimes so deep they were virtually playing centre back
Roberto changed our style by using Leon as an outlet for our centre backs to stop them hoofing making himself available to receive the vall then carry it or distribute it....Martin is relying on the likes of Bennett to try to pass when it's a not in his nature and b he can't...for me that's key Roberto knew the weakness and strengths of the players he had and worked out how to use them to make his system work whilst Martin is rigid in his approach without working out how to best use his resources to achieve it...or ag jeasg getting some results until he can fully implement his style to continue with his approach his doomed to failure for hs and him

Vetchonian said:
ARQS said:

so given that why do we persist in trying to play that style....
play to the current players ability until they can be replaced with those suited to the desired style.
why didn't Whittaker feature today on the back of a hat trick.
why set up with Fulton and Grimes so deep they were virtually playing centre back
Roberto changed our style by using Leon as an outlet for our centre backs to stop them hoofing making himself available to receive the vall then carry it or distribute it....Martin is relying on the likes of Bennett to try to pass when it's a not in his nature and b he can't...for me that's key Roberto knew the weakness and strengths of the players he had and worked out how to use them to make his system work whilst Martin is rigid in his approach without working out how to best use his resources to achieve it...or ag jeasg getting some results until he can fully implement his style to continue with his approach his doomed to failure for hs and him

Because he is here to play a certain way and will get rid of those who cant play it.

He won’t compromise on what he feels will bring him success just because we currently have a squad of talentless carthorses

dickythorpe said:
A4Jack said:
What a pile of s**t. 3-1

So you are allowed to post something like that but the rest of us are "overreacting" hmmmmmm

It was at that moment in time a pretty dismal display. But I don't come on and say the manager needs to go, pretend it's a fishing trip when you're called out for your baby like overreacting.

:)
A4Jack said:
dickythorpe said:
So you are allowed to post something like that but the rest of us are "overreacting" hmmmmmm

It was at that moment in time a pretty dismal display. But I don't come on and say the manager needs to go, pretend it's a fishing trip when you're called out for your baby like overreacting.

🤣😂🤣🤣"Baby".

Who's overreacting now?

Touched a raw nerve with you haven't I?😘

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back