• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

S22/23 The Official Swansea City v Norwich City Match Thread

What will the result be against Norwich City?

• Swans win

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Norwich win

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I missed the first 5 minutes, from when I watched it it seemed that Norwich had no desire to attack to kill the game off and were more or less happy just to sit deep and try to counter.

Paterson and Lati were very poor today and Cundle wasn't too much better despite a lot of opportunities to get onto the ball in space. The differences between Lati and Oko-Flex was night and day, as was Cundle and Cooper. There was much more desire to push and tackle and harry the Norwich defenders and it led to more than a few chances.

I've said it many times that I don't think that 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 is the best way to play with the personnel that we have in the club. Paterson will struggle to shine out wide as he doesn't have pace to beat a man to make space for a cross and needs to be played centrally. 4-5-1 is our best formation allowing fullbacks to occasionally overlap widemen like Oko-Flex/Cooper/Whittaker/Joseph (it doesn't help we shipped two of those out on loan) to create overloads and get in behind defenders.

Glad I had a door to fit now. Had it on in the background but just couldn't get interested after the first minute.

bakajack said:
I missed the first 5 minutes, from when I watched it it seemed that Norwich had no desire to attack to kill the game off and were more or less happy just to sit deep and try to counter.

Paterson and Lati were very poor today and Cundle wasn't too much better despite a lot of opportunities to get onto the ball in space. The differences between Lati and Oko-Flex was night and day, as was Cundle and Cooper. There was much more desire to push and tackle and harry the Norwich defenders and it led to more than a few chances.

I've said it many times that I don't think that 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 is the best way to play with the personnel that we have in the club. Paterson will struggle to shine out wide as he doesn't have pace to beat a man to make space for a cross and needs to be played centrally. 4-5-1 is our best formation allowing fullbacks to occasionally overlap widemen like Oko-Flex/Cooper/Whittaker/Joseph (it doesn't help we shipped two of those out on loan) to create overloads and get in behind defenders.

Paterson struggles to shine wherever he plays as he’s not very good. He has the odd moment where he flatters to completely deceive but he’s generally a bang average lower championship/ league 1 level player. Which is why we signed him for nothing.

monmouth said:
Ok, here’s my balanced summary. We were unlucky not to get a point - we were never going to get three with the backwards sideways tango- but we are still virtually unwatchable. I couldn’t actually stand watching us so I sat looking at flash score and if we miraculously scored I would have gone to my 2 minutes behind stream.

I think that’s where I am now, just find us pretty unbearable to watch, whatever the score. It’s ok if we are winning, but otherwise, it’s really terrible. Just like I felt with Cooper, for different reasons (although still the clueless attack, but not the ridiculous defence).

Do others actually enjoy watching us, especially those who think we need More Martin?
7 pages on a matchday thread, first game after a month, tells you everything you need to know.🤷‍♂️

Didn’t enjoy that game today, a very frustrating watch.

Tried to work out how we had set up, at one stage we seemed to be playing 2 at the back with Naughton given a free role to play where he wanted. Should have won the game in the second half with the chances we had.

PSumbler said:
Bored wasnt the word

I dozed off in the first half (although that is not helped by the god awful SwansTV coverage)

Switched over with half hour left to watch the World Cup

And never gave a second thought to my decision not to attend again. Seriously debating whether it is worth renewing a season ticket given the amount of games I naturally miss and then the number I choose to miss

Didn’t go today because of the cold weather. Just couldn’t face the thought of the boredom plus being uncomfortably cold. People say it’s a results based sport, not for me it isn’t, I want entertainment for my bucks and unless they can provide it I’ll go somewhere else.

The way it’s going the only way I’ll renew my seazy is if the Mrs wants to.

Besides the first minute of the game which proved ultimately costly, we were actually very good. Last seasons Piroe and Paterson share at least 4 amongst them.

Martin tried every offensive permutation he had off the bench pretty much but it wouldn't fall to us.

Chief said:
Besides the first minute of the game which proved ultimately costly, we were actually very good. Last seasons Piroe and Paterson share at least 4 amongst them.

Martin tried every offensive permutation he had off the bench pretty much but it wouldn't fall to us.

It must have looked very different in real life then. Which to be fair it often does.

Londonlisa2001 said:
It must have looked very different in real life then. Which to be fair it often does.

Still reeling from the change of monarchy that'll 'change everything'?

The only thing we missed today was a clinical striker. We made more than enough chance and played plenty of nice stuff. And I'm not a Martin apologist. Just saying what was obvious to see.

Chief said:

The only thing we missed today was a clinical striker. We made more than enough chance and played plenty of nice stuff. And I'm not a Martin apologist. Just saying what was obvious to see.

Still boring as f**k though and we lost again, and it was cold. I do tend to agree that was peak Martinball though.

FelindreJack said:
Well, it wasn’t great, but I can’t take much more negativity. Thought Fulton had a good game, Joey, Oli and Okoflex looked good when they came on as well.

It was awful, generally don't understand why we start with so many players who are unlikely to get us a goal. Fulton, Grimes, Lati, Cundle, Manning that's without the defensive trio. Why not start on the front foot with Ntcham, Cooper and Oko flex. It was a 20 minute walk each way to and from the ground and another 110 mins freezing in the ground, and to be honest for someone in the autumn years of my life it really wasn't worth it. Really couldn't care if it was another 5 months before i went over there again.

Chief said:

Yea, I definitely put a two month limit on it…

Glad you enjoyed the game. It was boring as hell on the stream.

For all the huffing and puffing, I don't remember their 'keeper making a genuine save of note?

Absolute peak Martinball.

No wins in 6 with the last win coming against Cardiff.

New contract, huh?

We are closer to the relegation slots than we are to auto....this season could yet get hairy.

No urgency and too slow first half, Canaries played wirth 4 up fron at times to null us. pumping the ball in the area when Piroe is no good in the air a waste of time.

Needs a faster pace and more determination in games, a cup run is our only option this year, but even that is doubtful if we don't buck our ideas up.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back