• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Vaccine Invation

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:
I think the take up rate amongst the lower age group will be very high to be honest, especially when they realise they won't be able to go to Magaluf or go and get shìtfaced down Wind St on a weekend 🤔

Well that's one thing, I certainly would not like to see, I think the youngsters mental health has suffered terribly the last year, and for them to then be more or less forced into something which they may not want, is not on.

I'd prefer to think most would do the right thing, if just to keep their own elderly relatives safe, as for the one's that A. Can't be bothered B. Only looking out for themselves or C. are anti vax for whatever reason, fuk them, and they should get used to having thier movements outside of the UK nullified.

Swanjaxs said:
jack123 said:
Well that's one thing, I certainly would not like to see, I think the youngsters mental health has suffered terribly the last year, and for them to then be more or less forced into something which they may not want, is not on.

I'd prefer to think most would do the right thing, if just to keep their own elderly relatives safe, as for the one's that A. Can't be bothered B. Only looking out for themselves or C. are anti vax for whatever reason, fuk them, and they should get used to having thier movements outside of the UK nullified.

Nicely put.

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:

Nicely put.

Thank you

Swanjaxs said:
jack123 said:

I would also hope that they have their movements within the UK restricted.

Cooperman said:
Swanjaxs said:

I would also hope that they have their movements within the UK restricted.

And they most definitely will.

Boris holds all the cards on this one, and restrictive movements on anyone not having the vaccine, without medical reasons will have overwhelming support from across the board in Parliament

Swanjaxs said:
jack123 said:

I was under the impression that if the elderly relatives had taken the vaccine they would be safe? And this is a genuine question, because now the missis is saying, I need to have the vaccine to keep her safe!

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:

I was under the impression that if the elderly relatives had taken the vaccine they would be safe? And this is a genuine question, because now the missis is saying, I need to have the vaccine to keep her safe!
The higher percentage that takes the vaccine the better we all will be in the long run, coronavirus is going nowhere, it will out live the both of us most probably.
Your missis sound like she knows her stuff, take her advice

Swanjaxs said:
jack123 said:
The higher percentage that takes the vaccine the better we all will be in the long run, coronavirus is going nowhere, it will out live the both of us most probably.

I may have to now she's started, although I must say this take it to protect them, is sort of not computing. When they have taken the vaccine to be protected, I've been looking on google for any evidence, and it all seems rather vague information.

It seems that people who have had the vaccine say the elderly, or told they are now protected and safe, yet in the next breath the youngsters will have to have the vaccine to keep the elderly safe? It sort of does not compute.

Whilst googling looking for answers, something came up, Does having the vaccination, stop you spreading covid. Answer We do not know this yet.

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:

I may have to now she's started, although I must say this take it to protect them, is sort of not computing. When they have taken the vaccine to be protected, I've been looking on google for any evidence, and it all seems rather vague information.

It seems that people who have had the vaccine say the elderly, or told they are now protected and safe, yet in the next breath the youngsters will have to have the vaccine to keep the elderly safe? It sort of does not compute.

Whilst googling looking for answers, something came up, Does having the vaccination, stop you spreading covid. Answer We do not know this yet.

If you have to consult Google to make your mind up about having the vaccine then it's clearly not for you mate.

Stay safe

Swanjaxs said:
jack123 said:

If you have to consult Google to make your mind up about having the vaccine then it's clearly not for you mate.

Stay safe

Ok, and yourself, and thanks for the replies, it may not be what I wanted to hear, but it does help me out.

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:
I think the take up rate amongst the lower age group will be very high to be honest, especially when they realise they won't be able to go to Magaluf or go and get shìtfaced down Wind St on a weekend 🤔

I said youngsters mental health, more to my shame I forgot about elderly, and I say this truthfully, I have spoken to a few 75 year old plus people, they told me they would rather die, than live like this.

Which is horrible to hear, the ones I have spoken to, have had the vaxx as well.

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:

Don’t look on Google. The algorithm throws up answers that are anti-vaccine. Increasing evidence of transmission reduction, not complete, but few vaccines will do that. If enough people get vaccinated then Herd Immunity kicks in. If this virus has a reproductive rate (R0) of 3 then an infected individual spreads the virus to three others. If these are all vaccinated then the chances of transmission are reduced and time infected lowered. Perhaps no one gets infected, perhaps one (effective R0 is 1). If enough people (around 70-80%) are vaccinated then this means fewer people are susceptible, the fewer can be infected and reduces the transmission- it acts as a ‘firebreak’ and drives the R0 below 1. R0 below 1 means an epidemic starts to peter out. May need under 18s to be vaccinated to reach this though.

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:

The point is this - we need to stop the current Covid strains from circulating as quickly as we can so that the virus has less opportunity to mutate into forms that are more resistant to the vaccination we now have.

In reality it is NOT an individual choice. If we want to protect the whole of society and get back to normal we must get as many vaccinated as possible in as short an amount of time.

For those not able to understand this concept please take 5 minutes to think it through. You don't need to Google it, it's not difficult.

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:

Why do you cross the road or get in a car ? The chances of dying are far greater from those than having the vaccine , vaccinated people can still catch and pass on the virus but the vaccine should mean it isn't too bad, unless if course you haven't had the vaccine, forget the greater good, forget the stuff about passports, just do it for your own survival, when most people are vaccinated and your not you will feel very exposed, what will cause you to change your mind is fear, the same thing that's stopping you now, when the fear of the virus becomes greater than the fear of the vaccine you will pick up the phone and book an appointment for the jab

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back