• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

S22/23 The Official Swansea City v Watford FC Championship Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford

• Swans win

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Watford win

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Enjoy the game tonight for what it was - a great display and dominant performance

That is all that matters

If we keep doing that nobody will ever have any complaints

Where the hell did that come from? Typical that it would be the first home game I've missed since August as well! There did seem to be a lot more emphasis on attacking tonight, long may it continue... looks like Cullen has played his way into the starting 11 now as well. Might actually be looking foward to the Burnley game which makes a nice change!

We're also one point outside the playoffs again... this league is ridiculous :lol:

That was a turn up for the books. I’d really like to know the conversations that have gone on since Tuesday night. A clear change in style this evening with much greater passing intent, Watford were poor but so were Reading. It’s a funny old game.

Just got back. Outstanding performance.
We played football in the right area's.
I hope the Grimes and Cullen knockers were watching . They were superb.

We beat a team in fifth position in the league four nil, we had 64% possession, nobody mocking our possession based game tonight.

Copamundial said:
We beat a team in fifth position in the league four nil, we had 64% possession, nobody mocking our possession based game tonight.

That’s because we used the ball differently when we had it in our possession. The criticism isn’t so much about the possession stat, it’s more about the slow tempo combined with static players. Considerable possession this evening but the player movement was much more evident.

This has to be the norm now.
No more 5 at the back, no more passing for passing's sake. High press, direct and incisive passing.

Martin's future will depend on how he can maintain and cultivate this performance moving forward.

Copamundial said:

Stats didn't win it for us tonight. It was the more direct approach and 11 players who wanted to put a shift in.

Cooperman said:
That’s because we used the ball differently when we had it in our possession. The criticism isn’t so much about the possession stat, it’s more about the slow tempo combined with static players. Considerable possession this evening but the player movement was much more evident.

Here’s a challenge for you, if you get the chance get a seat at pitch level, you’ll then appreciate how difficult it is to play the way we do.
The idea that the manager wants us to play at a slow tempo is just bizarre,the players themselves have to take some of the blame for that.

I really don't know how to feel after that game. I was ecstatic each time we scored but wondering what were Watford doing wrong for us to score. Why has my thought process evolved for me to evaluate the game in such a way? Has martinball robbed me of my normal emotions?
Shame it is Burnley next as we have got a blindness on the right to their attack

Copamundial said:
Here’s a challenge for you, if you get the chance get a seat at pitch level, you’ll then appreciate how difficult it is to play the way we do.
The idea that the manager wants us to play at a slow tempo is just bizarre,the players themselves have to take some of the blame for that.
Not a scooby.🤷‍♂️

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back