• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

S22/23 The Official Swansea City v Watford FC Championship Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford

• Swans win

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Watford win

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J_B said:
That’s the first time since Cardiff that we’ve scored first.

I think that's the first time since Cardiff that we've looked like we were trying to score first. :D

LoyalSwan said:
We look a good side when the fraud comes away from his default way of playing.

If he can continue with us being direct then we will be OK but give him a few weeks and he will revert back

But we’re not direct are we, we’re just playing some good football, why can’t people accept that.

karnataka said:
I think that's the first time since Cardiff that we've looked like we were trying to score first. :D

It’s the first time since Cardiff that we’ve looked like we’re trying to score at all 😂

Copamundial said:
But we’re not direct are we, we’re just playing some good football, why can’t people accept that.

Yes we are direct. Not long ball direct which I guess you are thinking of but we are passing with purpose.

FORWARD

Thats one good half lets not get carried away here - someone has already mentioned Arteta :lol:

Lets not forget that 4 out of every 5 fans wanted him out after Reading that isnt going to swing massively off the back of tonight

Copamundial said:

Mate, call it what you like, but if you can’t see the difference between the way we’ve played tonight and the previous half dozen or more you need to up your meds.

monmouth said:
Mate, call it what you like, but if you can’t see the difference between the way we’ve played tonight and the previous half dozen or more you need to up your meds.

Nothing wrong with my meds “ mate “, we’ve played some good stuff tonight and previously, some people just can’t accept it in their pursuit of being proven right.

Copamundial said:
Nothing wrong with my meds “ mate “, we’ve played some good stuff tonight and previously, some people just can’t accept it in their pursuit of being proven right.

Most people would happily be proven wrong if we kept winning games but this is a vastly different performance from our side and that is down to the style changing Like it or not.

Copamundial said:

There's definitely some of those about, but there's plenty here saying the same thing who have never been like that and I've read their posts on various iterations of PS through many managers.

When Martin changes up the tactics and has the team play more positively and not passing for the sake of it, results improve. He then reverts to type and results decline until he needs to return to the more successful tactic. It's been a recurring theme for a season and a half now and it's incredibly frustrating, because he obviously is a good enough manager to get this team playing a style of football that wins matches. But he won't stick to it because it's not what he wants his team to be playing.

If anything, our first half shows why we need to move away from Martinball (and therefore Martin) more than anything else. We can actually mix it with decent teams and score when we are more direct (it's hardly hoofball ffs) and shoot at the bloody goal. Martin will have been reluctant to mix it up a bit today but he had no choice. Lose today and he's seriously under pressure.

As others have said, rinse and repeat. Martinball will be back if we get a couple of good results.

We haven’t won this game yet, love to see what peoples opinions will be about this perceived new approach if things go t..s up.

Copamundial said:
We haven’t won this game yet, love to see what peoples opinions will be about this perceived new approach if things go t..s up.

Well the last time we played these kind of tactics was Cardiff, the last game which we scored first in and the last game we won. So this approach is already an improvement on the Martinball of the last 8 games even if we lose tonight.

Copamundial said:

I'd take losing games like this every day of the week compared to some of the depressing sh*t that has been served up over the last couple of months.

JackSomething said:
Well the last time we played these kind of tactics was Cardiff, the last game which we scored first in and the last game we won. So this approach is already an improvement on the Martinball of the last 8 games even if we lose tonight.
Spot on

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back